Shrinkage Expert Method
What is meant by Shrinkage Expert Method (SEM)?
As the melt cools in plastics processing, the plastic contracts (volume contraction). Due to different wall thicknesses or the orientation of fillers (glass fibre, carbon fibre), the shrinkage in the part can vary. The shrinkage can be calculated by the injection moulding simulation and optimized by suitable measures.
The Shrinkage Expert Method, a cooperation project of Simcon kunststofftechnische Software and the Konstruktionsbüro Hein, now enables a significantly higher accuracy of the predictions with methodically measured shrinkage and the resulting warpage for isotropic and anisotropic materials. The data is used to reference the simulation system and, based on the shrinkage data supplied, the company’s own shrinkage and warpage databases can be created.
- methodical measurement of shrinkage
- references for more accurate shrinkage and warpage predictions
- data for simulation system
- support in building your specific database for shrinkage and warpage
- determine shrinkage with high accuracy
- determine shrinkage allowance for tool
- create your own databases for shrinkage and warpage
- reference simulations are possible on this basis